January 23, 2017
Bellport Village Board Meeting
By Larry Sribnick
On January 23, 2017, the January Bellport Village
Board Meeting was held in the Bellport Community Center located at 4 Bell
St. in Bellport Village. Here are some of the topics discussed:
1. A public hearing was set for the revision of the Village Code regarding
House Rentals in the Village. The hearing will be held at the February
Village Board meeting to be held on February 27, 2017 at 7pm in the
Community Center located at 4 Bell St. in the Village.
Click here to read the new code that will be discussed and
voted on at the February Village Board meeting.
2. Because of procedural technicalities, the public hearing to address the
placement of new stop signs in the Village has been rescheduled to the
February Village Board meeting on February 27, 2017.
3. A public hearing was set for February 11, 2017, at 9am in the morning at
the Village Community Center located at 4 Bell St. in the Village to discuss
a new South Country Historic District.
4. A new Bellport Bay Yacht Club Lease and License agreement was approved.
Click Here for a copy of the Lease.
Click Here for a copy of the License.
5. Dates were set for a series of three Budget Work Sessions and the Budget
February 13th: Work Session at 6pm in Village Hall
March 7th: Work Session at 6pm in Village
March 9th: Work Session at 6pm in Village Hall
April 24th: Budget Vote at 7pm in Community Center